CASE STUDY: Sales Growth in Private Equity-Acquired Company
Seeking better sales results out of a recently acquired industrial services company, a leading private equity group needed to develop and implement a comprehensive go-to-market sales strategy that would optimize the acquisition’s sales performance, increase its revenue, and accelerate its growth.
Fahrenheit began by conducting a comprehensive organizational and market assessment, including the company’s existing sales and service resources and capabilities. The assessment led to:
- Redefining the company’s strategic value proposition and the development of new sales materials and training
- Restructuring territory management
- Realigning in-house sales management
- Adding key operational resources in leadership
- A complete sales pipeline process buildout
- New reporting tools to view, review, and respond to ongoing performance metrics, such as sales cadence and activity, sales and margin variance analyses, and quote management an outputs
The 16-week project revitalized sales at the company and quickly generated outstanding results. Reporting showed an ROI multiple of nearly 5X on reported EBITDA, which covered the project costs in less than three months.
- The revised strategic value proposition brought critical focus to the sales process and improved sales effectiveness
- New sales materials reinforced the value proposition and highlighted differentiators
- Management adjustments improved operations
- The pipeline buildout, workflow process improvements, and reporting enhancements drove efficiencies
- New markets brought in more opportunities
About the Author: John Atkinson
John Atkinson leads new business development and runs the Sales Advisory practice at Fahrenheit Advisors. He’s a sought-after growth leader with nearly three decades of experience leading and scaling companies of all sizes. He is passionate and obsessive about helping clients solve their most vexing challenges and achieve their loftiest goals.