Doug Jones, Director of Fractional CFO & Controller Services
Doug Jones leads the Firm’s Fractional CFO & Controller Services practice and has been successfully providing strategic insights and hands-on support to growth and middle market companies throughout his career. Prior to providing fractional CFO services, Doug was a CFO at several middle market companies, including East Coast Oil and Keystone Builders. Primarily focused on growth and middle market companies, Doug understands the unique challenges they face compared to large corporate environments.
Doug is an experienced, results-oriented professional with extensive executive level experience in financial management, accounting and corporate administration. Not just a Fractional CFO, but a business partner who specializes in:
- Strategic thinking and insightful analysis
- Creative approaches to financing and risk management
- Improvement in quality and timeliness of financial reporting
- Effective tax planning and compliance
- Cost-effective systems, procedures and controls
- Enhancement of staff professionalism and responsiveness
- Development of a culture of integrity
- Instrumental in the successful sale of a regional retailer to an overseas strategic buyer
- Executed the transition of ownership to a second generation of a family business
- Significant involvement in real estate acquisitions disposition and development activities
- Managed corporate administration and legal function for numerous S-Corporations and LLC’s
- Experience funding significant expansion through a combination of financing vehicles including sale-leasebacks, bank credit lines, etc.
- Assisted in a wide range of financing solutions for companies, including unsecured and secured lines of credit, mortgage financing, equipment leasing and sale-leasebacks
- Significant client focus on: cash flow projections, banking relationships, profit improvement, timely and accurate financial reporting, and improvements in systems, procedures and controls
- Real Estate / Construction
- Direct Marketing
Doug has experience with financial and accounting systems ranging from single user general ledger systems, to industry specific accounting packages to proprietary integrated financial systems. He has overseen the successful installation of numerous financial and accounting systems, and knows how and where to look for solutions to the inevitable problems.
College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- BA in Economics, with High Honors – Elected to Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, NJ
- MBA in Finance
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified in Financial Management (CFM)
In addition to his CFO skills, Doug possesses “senior business judgment” in areas beyond finance and accounting. He has frequently served as the link between company owners and a wide array of outside advisors and consultants, including attorneys, investment bankers, appraisers, real estate brokers, engineers and personal financial advisors. He is particularly strong at identifying and integrating the full range of financial and non-financial business issues in contract negotiations or resolution of business disputes. He also brings to the table a keen ability to focus on the long term implications of business decisions when many are focused only on the immediate impacts.