CASE STUDY: Equipping Director-Level Talent with C-Suite Leadership Skills
Fahrenheit Advisors’ Frank Cummins, a certified leadership coach, worked one-on-one with a director at a large consultancy to help her become a more effective leader. The following case study summarizes the engagement and outcomes.
An international health and human services consulting firm selected Fahrenheit Advisors to accelerate the development of a promising director-level leader who managed projects across the U.S.
The director selected Frank Cummins, a certified leadership coach at Fahrenheit Advisors, to serve as her coach. His first step was taking time to understand the director’s strengths and opportunities for improvement. Discovery included speaking with her supervisor, reviewing her self-administered, as well as her colleagues’ 360 Feedback Survey results, and having her complete the Hogan Assessment. Cummins and the director next established goals:
- Improve executive presence
- Better manage resources & delegation
- Improve communication of contributions to the organization
Cummins met with the director twice a month for six months to work on the behaviors and skills needed to achieve goals. Noticing improvement, the director’s supervisor extended the engagement six additional months to ensure sustainability of results.
The director earned a promotion to senior director and she reports achievement of the engagement’s established goals:
- More composure under pressure
- Exhibiting leadership behaviors of senior executives
Resources & Delegation
- Improved delegation skills
- More focus on staff development
- Reduction of perfectionist behaviors
- Improved communication to staff and leadership about the value of her and her team’s contributions
Go to our leadership and executive coaching services page to see if Fahrenheit Advisors is right for you.