CASE STUDY: Strengthened Sales Operations & Leadership for Portfolio Company
A leading New York-based private equity group needed to increase sales at one of its portfolio holdings. It engaged Fahrenheit Advisors to formalize the manufacturer’s sales operations and elevate sales management to the executive level.
Fahrenheit Advisors began with an assessment of the sales team’s activities and its personnel, learning what strengths to build on and what challenges to address.
Fahrenheit also delivered strategic people-planning services to optimize sales talent, hire new leaders, and boost profitability.
Fahrenheit developed and implemented a weekly cadence of activities designed to hold each salesperson accountable, standardize workflows, and spark new sales initiatives. The firm delivered significant operational improvements, resource enhancements, and ROI:
- Developed new sales structure and processes
- Revised compensation plans to drive profitable growth
- Reoriented sales operations to support the customer experience
- Recruited additional sales resources
- Advised the hiring committee for a new Chief Commercial Officer and supported onboarding
- Generated $2.1 million EBITDA, a 7.5X multiple of the project fee
In addition, Fahrenheit used sales data to provide new quantitative decision-making tools, including:
- Sales and margin variance analysis
- Price elasticity trackers and action plans
- Monthly sales forecasts
- Annual detailed sales budgets
About the Author: John Atkinson
John Atkinson leads new business development at Fahrenheit Advisors. He’s a sought-after growth leader with nearly three decades of experience leading and scaling companies of all sizes. He is passionate and obsessive about helping clients solve their most vexing challenges and achieve their loftiest goals.