Prior to joining Fahrenheit,
- Bobby worked at Silverchair, a SaaS company now serving the professional and scholarly industry. He served in several executive roles to meet Silverchair’s needs at various stages of growth. In addition to implementing processes and systems to aid the Company’s scale, including those to manage the business and customer contracts, he was involved in several capital transactions. One was his work with Harris Williams to successfully divest a Silverchair business unit. Bobby continues to serve on Silverchair’s Board of Directors.
- At Klockner Pentaplast, a global packaging concern, his primary accomplishment as CFO was coordination with private equity owners to sell the business.
- Prior to Klockner, Bobby served as CFO at four companies owned in part by MacAndrews & Forbes, a company engaged in acquiring and managing a diversified portfolio of public and private companies. Bobby worked at Marvel Entertainment Group, a media company based in New York (1993-1997), Coleman Company, an outdoor recreation company based in Kansas (1997-1998), Sunbeam Corporation, a consumer products company based in Florida (1998-2002), and Panavision, an equipment rental company based in California (2002-2005).While his experience with all four companies was beneficial to his career, Bobby believes the biggest gains occurred at Sunbeam. In 1998, Sunbeam purchased three public companies, one of which was Coleman. Shortly thereafter, upon dismissal of prior executive management by the Sunbeam Board of Directors, he joined Sunbeam along with the CEO and other executives from Coleman. The team successfully integrated the acquisitions, restated the financial statements with significant interaction with the SEC and restructured the balance sheet. The business was ultimately sold to Jarden Consumer Solutions.
- Prior to working with MacAndrews & Forbes, Bobby lived in Atlanta where he worked with PwC. As a CPA and senior audit manager, he left PwC to join his principal client, Turner Broadcasting Systems, Inc., as AVP-Finance. Bobby was extensively involved with TBS in its acquisitions and related financing of the MGM film library, Hanna Barbara, New Line Cinema and Castle Rock Entertainment.
Bobby’s experiences position him well to add value to clients, particularly for engagements related to business planning, capital raises, performance management and restructuring.
Bobby holds a BS in Business Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC). He was a member of various service and honorary organizations at UNC, including Phi Beta Kappa. He continues service to UNC as a member of the University’s Board of Visitors.
Professional Associations and Community Organizations
- UNC, Board of Visitors
- Charlottesville Angel Network, member
- Resilience Education, Board of Directors
- Previously served on the Board of Directors of The Covenant School